Friday, October 24, 2014

2014: The Ups and Downs

Dear blog,
I'm sorry for neglecting you all this while. I've been writing a lot in my physical diary/journal which I think is more suitable for super personal stuff. But, lately I've been thinking of writing something more general and worth sharing with the world. It might get a bit personal but overall, it's just another update of the many things I've discovered and experienced throughout the year.

I realized I had been going on many fun trips this year. The last update was about my Tioman trip with friends, and that was back in March. After that trip, I went back to the stressful environment of my final semester in college. That story is filled with many breakdowns and self-esteem issue so I won't talk about it no more. One detail though that affected my life up until now, I haven't graduated, yet. I still have a research study to finish so yea, I'm still working on it. Apart from that, life has been great. :D

I moved to Muar to live with my mom and I couldn't say it's a fun thing to live with your mom unless both of you don't argue so much. But, I'm holding on. I wished to live on my own in Shah Alam but since that's not happening, I'm trying to make myself super happy with fun plans, new hobbies and awesome trips with friends; while trying to finish my thesis all at once.

Earlier this month, a good friend of mine proposed an exciting idea of going to Singapore. With only 3 days to plan everything, I managed to put things together quite well and off we went to Singapore on the 4th of October, 2014. We took the bus heading to Universal Studios Singapore from Melaka and we had so much fun. That trip started everything. We booked a guesthouse along Melaka Riverside, spent a night there, went sight-seeing the next day, went back to Muar where I passed out pretty instantly as soon as I hit the bed, and then off to KL the next day. I spent 2 nights in KL, went on two Tinder dates that went, "hmm, meh" (with a straight-face), and then off to Miri for Intan's wedding *Intan is my best friend since we were 11*. The wedding was beautiful, I was reunited with many primary/secondary school friends, had a blast, cried a bit coz I couldn't believe Intan is now a married woman, and went on another Tinder date which was an awesome one with a cool dude and a friend I just met from the wedding (oh, and I made a bunch of new friends from Kuching who came to the wedding, super cool girls), and I went back to KL. The trip didn't stop there, though. Intan's parents invited me to stay in KL where they rented a nice service apartment for two nights and during the day, we went to Bukit Tinggi in Pahang. This trip was actually for Intan's cousins who came from Hatyai who wanted to go sight-seeing around Malaysia. Bukit Tinggi is a good place for that, where you can visit the famous Colmar Tropicale, a classic French-countryside vacation spot made up of beautiful buildings, hotels, restaurants and courtyards. Before we went back to KL, we visited the Animal Park and fed bunnies and deer. Awesome. Back in KL, I went on another Tinder date that went "uhh, meh" (again) and totally shook it off quite easily. Met Weng for lunch the day after before I headed back to Muar.
Hence, the Muar-Melaka-Singapore-Melaka-Muar-KL-Miri-KL-Pahang-KL-Muar trip consumed the first three weeks of October 2014. And now I'm back in Muar, hibernating for a week. This weekend we were supposed to go to Tambun Lost World in Ipoh but we had to scratch off that plan for some reason. Now the post-vacation stress (?) is carefully cured with a shopping trip, PS3 and PC games, while trying to finish off my thesis, of course.

I think there's a high chance for me to do reviews on the trips mentioned above, along with makeup reviews I've been thinking about for a while now and some rants on several issues. Guess it might be helpful for many people out there.

I don't want to talk much about the 'downs' of the year coz I might go teary (hah haa) but I generally refuse to focus on that when I try to recap or remember something. Focusing on the good things seems more appealing, and it sure is.

Plus, I think when you were reading this post, I bet you realize I went on a lot of Tinder dates. Tinder is a cool app where you can get "matched" with cool guys (or girls) and you get to chat with them. I didn't went in to deep with this app but hey, within a month I managed to set up good first meetings with the guys I met on Tinder (4 in total). Although the conversations didn't last long with most of them, but I had fun meeting new people. I had pretty decent outings with those guys. :)

This last bit might not be so important but I'm gonna write about it anyway. Many items from my wishlist are checked/on its way to completion: changed my Samsung Galaxy S5 to iPhone 5S, got myself a polaroid camera, halfway through completing my driver's licence, braces for my teeth on its way, great platform for makeup reviews with free products (yay!) and of course, on my way to graduating.
Alhamdulillah.

Wish me luck. Trying my best to live life to the fullest and let things happen naturally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment