Monday, December 22, 2014

About Being Grateful

Take a moment to look around and see where you are standing right now.
Take a moment to look around and see what you have.
Look at the amount of things you have at your disposal.
Take a good look, and reflect.

One important reminder, though.
NEVER, EVER compare yourself to anyone.

Some may have all of the things you want.
Sometimes, it's making your eyes burn green in jealousy.
You might say, "She is damn lucky. I wish I can have that."
It's very easy for someone to say that but the thing is...
You absolutely have NO IDEA what the person is going through.

Some might have it all, but that doesn't mean that they're happy.
To me, the most important thing in life is having a heart that is content, truly happy and at peace; no matter how little or how much you own.
The most important thing is to be able to smile honestly, with a heart filled with contentment.

I might have a lot. But, that doesn't mean that I truly want it all.
What I wish for is nothing extravagant.
I wish that I could live a simple life of my own, doing my own thing, making my own choices.
I'm not even thinking of getting this and that.
Things were shoved onto me, my opinions don't even matter.
I'm falling, getting weaker to stand up on my two feet.
Yes, I sound weak. I do think that I am getting weaker.
And I'm getting tired to even try.

I wish I listened to my instincts.
I hate the fact that I can't even smile honestly anymore.
It's mental torture, I need to get out.

I might seem to have it all.
But, take a moment to look at me in the eye and ask, "What do you think?" or "What do you feel?"
And actually listen to what I have to say instead of just listening to your own voice.
I can't take away this frown, I can't even feel happiness when I'm supposed to be happy.

I hate myself for this. Don't make me hate you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment