Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I heart Jason Mraz

I've been listening to Jason Mraz since his album, Mr. A-Z hit singles "The Remedy" and "You & I Both" was released...i love his hit songs soo much but the listeners should REALLY listen to the whole album...there's A LOT MORE than just what u guys have been listening to..

i know that most of us love to listen to only some of his songs but never tried to listen to the whole album...to me, his songs have very deep meaning, sometimes the songs doesn't involve anybody else but himself, about the conflicts within him and much more...i'm taking literature as my minor but i think that i could at least understand most of the literary texts in my class...but listening and immersing myself in Jason Mraz's songs and lyrics gets me thinking for years, trying to figure out the meaning behind all those words in his songs...i won't google or search for other people's perception about the song because i'm so very curious about it till it makes me wanna find it out myself...

one of my fave JM's song is Mr. Curiosity, and it goes like this.....;

hey mr. curiosity
is it true what they've been saying about you?
are you killing me?
you took care of the cat already
and for those who think it's heavy
is it the truth, or is it only gossip?

call it mystery or anything
just as long as you'd call me
i sent the message on, did you get it?
well, i left it
see, this catastrophic event
it wasn't meant to mean no harm
but to think there's nothing wrong is a problem

i'm looking for love this time
sounding hopeful but it's making me cry
love is a mystery
mr. curious...come back to me

mr. waiting, ever patient can't you see?
that i'm the same the way you left me
in a hurry to spellcheck me
and i'm underlined already in envy green and pencil red
and i've forgotten what you've said
will you stop working for the dead and return

mr. curious, well i need some inspiration
it's my birthday and i cannot find no cause for celebration
the scenario is grave but i'll be braver when you save me
from the situation laden with hearsay

i'm looking for love this time
sounding hopeful but it's making me cry
and love is a mystery
mr. curiosity, be mr. please do come and find me

love is blinding when the time is never right
but who am i to beg for difference?
finding love in just an instance
well, i don't mind
at least i've tried
well, i've tried...i've tried.....

it sounds like agony...
:D

but yeah...just look at the lyrics...especially this particular verse talking about mr.waiting and underlined with envy green and pencil red...what was that suppose to mean?.there must be a reason why the color green and red is being used...

in my opinion, this song is all about what is happening within him...all of the 'misters' mentioned are maybe the state of him at some particular situations...obviously, he mentioned about trying to find love but it's making him sad...but why?.maybe it's very confusing to know who is the right one to fall in love to..or maybe he feel so lonely that it's making him cry in trying to find somebody to love and to be loved...there are times when u don't have any boyfriend or girlfriend that it makes u cry..i know it's quite pathetic but right then is when u will recap back all of your past relationships and u'll try to figure out what was your mistake till it could end in such a particular way...
i just think that this song is maybe a monologue of himself but seriously, it hits me like a big yellow bus when trying to figure out the meaning...every time i can come up with assumptions and conclusions of this song, i still think there's something missing in my assumptions...why must he said things like this and that while maybe it could be otherwise???so confusing, so full of curiosity...hmm, maybe that's why the title is mr.curiosity

i've tried asking my friends about this stuff but they never heard of this song before...wow, what a waste of such beautiful songs that weren't popularized since 5 years ago :|

there's a lot more, actually...bella luna, forecast, wordplay, life is wonderful....
the songs are about life, love, self-conflicts...and much more
not many singers nowadays that produce such songs anymore
oldies got soul, man......oommppphhh~!. :D

p/s: i love deep songs...so, does it makes me deep enough?. :DD

No comments:

Post a Comment