Sunday, October 21, 2012

Colour Block

I colour-block a lot these days.
I find myself always looking for new colours to add to my wardrobe.

I know colour-blocking has been around for a few months now, but it haven't been out of style yet!
I think it's because the possibilities of colour-blocking is pretty endless.
Not to mention being oh-so-addictive!
You will know the feeling once you start buying a pair of coloured jeans.
Choosing one colour out of the amazing palette you got on the store shelves will take up some time.
But, when you have a big bunch of money, I don't think you'll be satisfied with only one pair.
At least I know I wouldn't. xD

Wearing my green+yellow varsity jacket bought from Silver Planet at Angsana Mall, JB (RM85)

Brownish red jeans + beige purse + mint-green satchel. Awesome combo.

Lovin' this one.
Hot pink tudung (RM8) + Elianto's nail polish no.S02 (RM5.50) + Forever 21's 3-piece ring (RM23)
There were a lot more days where I colour-block.
But, I didn't take pictures that much and I think I will do once I got my camera later (wishing hard).

Here are some tips for great colour-blocking:
1. Don't push your luck. Do only maximum of 3 colour combo in one ensemble.

2. Match uniform shade/tone of colours in your ensemble. For example, pastels go well with other pastels. From the picture above, take a look on how that shade of green matches the pink. This is because the shade and the brightness/pop-ness (??) level of both colours are somehow equal. Thus, wallah~!!. A nice, bright colour-block.

3. Ask your friends for opinions before going out. This is important because sometimes, you think that you're doing it right, but as for me, I think it's best to have other people into looking at how well you pull off the combo because I had some days of bad colour-blocking attempt!. Better be safe than going out being a clown. (erkk!)

4. Be bold. I know that we had those comfortable days where people do not dare wearing bright colours and we match everything we wear using the same colours. The days where people play safe and play with different shades of the same colour are gone!!. Now it's the time to step out and play with colours!. That's the whole point of colour-blocking, anyway.

5. Don't have any ideas/inspirations? Go take a look on Bollywood movies where the Indian culture is all about festivity and colours!. They've been colour-blocking since forever and of course we can steal the look a lil bit here and there. One of my favourite colour combo from Bollywood movies I saw is green and pink, just like the 3rd picture I've posted above.

Don't believe it? Take a look at these awesome colour-blocking geniuses!

http://www.pakgadget.com

http://www.bollybreak.com

 http://superactressgallery.blogspot.com
http://www.breezemasti.com/gallery

http://www.eyeofindia.com

Before this post becomes a Bollywood-themed post, so I think by looking at these pictures, you get the idea of how Indian ladies colour-block with their sarees.
It's a wonderful culture and I've always been in love with it.

So, let your wardrobe get the taste of rainbow and trust me, your day will be happier and brighter.
:D

#colourblock #fashion #style

No comments:

Post a Comment